10 Tips To Help Sell Your Home Faster
Selling Your Home? 10 Tips To Get You Started.
Looking to sell your home? Here are 10 marketing tips to get you started.
1. Price your property according to the market rate in your area. Your property will be in competition with short sales, and foreclosures. Make sure the price fits the neighborhood, this will get potential buyers in the door.
2. View your competition, compare their property to yours, this will assist you on pricing your property right. check tax records to compare size. I know this is a bold step, but you must know what your up against.
3. Make sure your home is brightly lit. Make it comfortable by keeping it cool in the summer and warm in the winter months.
4. Make sure to keep it clean, inside and out. A clean well kept exterior will help get them in the door, a clean interior will keep them interested.
3. Make sure it is available for viewing. Buyers want to view listings on their terms not yours. Make sure you are available to accommodate them.
4. Place a for sale sign outside of the property in plain view.
5. List your property on as many websites as possible. 89% of potential home buyers start their search on the Internet.
6. Mail out post cards announcing the new listing. Your post cards should have details of your property including the price.
7. Hold a open house. Supply beverages, pass out flyers with property details. Place open house signs outside of the property and at least a two blocks away, this helps potential buyers find the property.
8. Make sure that the person viewing your home is actually qualified to purchase.
9. Get your self familiar with the contract process. If you don't understand the contract, hire a Real Estate Agent or an Attorney.
10. Understand the negotiation process. When you receive an offer and it is for less than what you listed it for, do you turn it away or will you negotiate? How will you negotiate this under priced offer?
Selling a home can get overwhelming especially to the first time seller, add the stress of this market and it can get quite complicated. Before listing your home for sale, study the market, find out what is selling where and for how much, this can make the process move a lot smoother. If you would like to receive a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) on your property, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or just give me a call 757-748-2194. I would be happy to assist.
Looking for your dream home? start your search here The Best Homes In Va (www.thebesthomesinva.com).