3.2 min read
How to find houses for rent?
Finding a houses for rent can be a tiring process, especially if you're doing this all by yourself without the help of a realtor. There are many free online resources that you can use, and if you organize your priorities before starting your search, you can save yourself a lot of time, money, and headaches.
What should you think about before starting to find a house for rent?
Thinking about the following things will help you make your houses for rent search more effective, more focused, and less time-consuming:
- What neighborhoods or cities are desirable to you?
- How much space do you need?
- What is your budget from rent to extra charges?
- How soon are you looking to move?
- What kind of houses for rent are you looking for? If you live in a larger city, there will probably be thousands of homes available for rent. Recently renovated homes or older ones are fine as well?
How do you start searching for a home to rent?
1. Visit websites that feature listings to help you find a house for rent.
RealtyStore.com has a range of filters so that you can personalize your search according to your search criteria.
2. Ask friends, family, and colleagues
Ask friends and family if they know of any houses for rent available in the neighborhoods you're searching. Let them know what kind of house, how many bedrooms, and the price range you have targeted. Some landlords prefer to rent their properties to a friend of a friend so that you might be the lucky one.
3. Talk directly to the homeowner
RealtyStore makes it easier to directly contact the owner. Reach out and ask is your house for rent? RealtyStore provides the contact information within the member's area.
4. Drive around and look for rent signs
You can do it the old-fashioned way and go for a drive in the neighborhoods you're interested in living in. This option takes time (and gas!), but you also get the opportunity to feel the community.
5. Houses for sale that are on the market for a long time
On real estate websites like RealtyStore, you can find homes that have been listed for sale for a while and still haven't sold. You can tell that by the price drop. Try to get in touch with the owner or the agent and ask if the owner is willing to rent that property to you. Some owners already bought new houses and can't afford to pay more than one mortgage; they would be happy to rent the old one away.
House Renting Tips:
With house for rent listing, don't forget to ask about your responsibility for maintenance (such as lawn cutting, HVAC, and water maintenance, as well as appliances)
Inquire about utilities that may are included in the rent price
Some owners don't want their properties to be changed, so ask beforehand if they are ok with you doing small renovations or decorations.
If you're a pet owner or smoker, be sure to ask if the landlord doesn't mind and if there are any extra fees for those.